Grants - Funding Opportunity Details
- Fund name:
- United States Department of Defense - Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP) New Investigator Award Pre-Applications
- Internal close:
- 1 May 2012
- ERA cluster:
- Biomedical and Clinical Health Sciences (BCH)
The intent of the Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP) New Investigator Award is to support the continued development of promising independent investigators and/or the transition of established investigators into a career in the field of neurofibromatosis research.
Experience in neurofibromatosis research is allowed, but not required. However, Principal Investigators (PIs) with a limited background in neurofibromatosis research are strongly encouraged to have a collaborator who is experienced in the neurofibromatosis field.
PIs must be either:
- An independent investigator at or below the level of Assistant Professor (or equivalent). Please note that graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and other 'mentored' researchers are not eligible for this award; or
- An established independent investigator in an area other than neurofibromatosis at or above the level of Assistant Professor seeking to transition into a career in neurofibromatosis research; and,
- Must not have received a New Investigator Award previously from any program within the United States Department of Defense Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs